Sunday 12 October 2008

The Room

Just some more pictures to show you what the room is like. It's worked out pretty well so far, there's enough space for everything, even though I do tend to get home and throw things wherever there's space then go out again. The rice cooker is a hand-me-down from an old student, which came to me in a slight state of neglect. I decided to clean it, which filled it with enough water and elbow grease to break it somehow. Stripping it, laying it out to dry on the balcony and then reassembling it seemed to have done the trick and now I can have rice in 30 minutes.

The balcony is only small but a good area for things (like washing in this case). I'm hoping to get some plants and things for it or maybe the room but that depends on the winter.

The bed I can actually fit into, and there's cupboards underneath it as well. The red pillow and the bowl are also hand-me-downs, while little thing next to my bag is the magical all-powerful mobile phone, which I'll probably write about later.

Looking towards the door, you can see the cupboards and some shoes, nothing particularly special. Hope to get some sort of posters or something just to spice the walls up a bit eventually.

The last picture is of the little bathroom-ette. The bath is surprisingly deep, it sinks into the floor quite a bit so feels pretty good. The little white box on the wall is a thermometer of sorts which allows precise control of the hot water - 36 for a shower and 40 for a bath suits me fine.

More later...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I marvel at just how much stuff you've managed to acquire in such a small amount of time x